Covid restrictions have now been widely lifted across the country, and hockey is looking normal again for the most part. For the latest England Hockey Guidance visit https://www.englandhockey.co.uk/deliver/covid-19-guidance and make sure you keep an eye on your emails for any venue specific guidance.
As a general rule, keep looking after yourself and each other. Be aware that not everyone will be responding to Covid in the same way. Respect others application of guidance and feelings towards returning, support them in easing their anxiety or nervousness while at hockey.
- Consider the health and safety of yourselves and others in attendance. If an you or anyone you live with has Covid–19 symptoms, you should not attend any activity. Follow the NHS guidance on symptoms and testing, and self–isolation.
- Bring your own water bottles and refreshments rather than sharing.
- Avoid spitting or rinsing your mouth out.
- Sanitise regularly.
- Continue to ‘stick tap’ as an alternative to shaking hands.
- Be mindful of your distance and shouting to communicate, especially with officials.
At the moment the changing and showering facilities at Merchants remain closed so please arrive at matches ready to play. A maximum of 3 people can enter the building to use the toilet but players are asked to wear a mask and maintain social distancing while queuing.